Wednesday, February 12, 2014

[Review] Sofinaღ Jenne Milky Cleanser - Whitening Gel Moisturizer - Whitening Lotion 【使用心得】

Hey Cuties,

I finally found some time to write a review on some skincare products I have been using the last few months. This post is about Sofina Jenne, the latest skincare series launched by Sofina for young and dehydrated skin. This series provides hydration and locks in the natural moisture of your skin for healthy complexion and smooth, refined texture. It is suitable for the early 20 -30 years old who are looking for simple yet effective hydrating products.




I always wanted to try Sofina skincare products because I am hearing a lot of positive feedback on their products, however, I just didn't do so yet because in my opinion, it is quite expensive and I wasn't sure whether it would be suitable for my skin or not.
So why on earth did I buy this series? Because I watch waaaaayyy too much television... xD This skincare line by Sofina was just launched in Taiwan a year ago, and I got curious because of the popularity in the media. ( Marketing tricks work great on me! xD )

The beauty adviser told me that Japanese skincare products tend to be superior because of the  super high quality control, and the awareness of different skintypes. She showed me all the different types of lotions, moisturizers and cleansers. I have chosen for something I didn't even think would work... WHITENING! XD I have chosen for the whitening gel moisturizer, whitening lotion and a milky cleanser. I have to confess, I am extremely naive, I believe everything, so I wanted to have that extra whitening function in my daily skincare regimen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SOFINAღ Jenne Milky Cleanser

I will start with my face wash, Sofina Jenne Milky Cleanser. I have chosen for the milky cleanser because I am such a lazy person. I dislike cleaning my face with cotton pads and then to rinse off with water, I don't want to take time for that...! xD I love using foamy face cleansers as I can use this during the shower!^^ (I tend to think my face would not get clean without foam... xD)

How to use?
Use every morning and evening. Take a drop on the palm and add 2 drops of water and rub to create rich foam. Gently massage your face and rinse it off with lukewarm water.

This cleanser is very gentle to my skin, and not drying out at all. My skin feels very soft and moist after use. I have nothing to complain about this cleanser. This cleanser has a watery/milky consistency and after rubbing with water it'll I love the packaging, as it is very chic, simple and clean. I love the lace effect on the bottle. This cleanser comes in a bottle of 120ml, which is quite compact/small. It might not seem a lot for the money I paid, however, because I only needed 1 drop each time, this bottle has last over 7 months! So will I repurchase this cleanser? I might, when I am back in Asia again. (I have fallen for another brand which is even nicer on my skin!) Nevertheless, this is a very nice cleanser and I highly recommend this Sofina Jenne Milky cleanser to those who are looking for a gentle face cleanser without getting a squeaky/dry clean feeling.

Overall Rating 8/10

----------------------------------------------------------------------- 

SOFINAღ Jenne Whitening Lotion/Toner 

After washing my face, I will need a toner to minimize my pores and to get that refreshing feel on my face. Choosing the right toner is very important for the skin. This toner promises to soften, hydrate and brighten the skin. What it claims: "A skin softener contains whitening ingredient Ascorbyl Glucoside, and hydrating ingredient Amidinoproline for brightening dull skin tone and providing light hydration to the skin for soft and smooth results. It helps to improve dehydrated skin problem and correct uneven skin complexion for dewy and glowing results. "

How to use?
Shake before use. After cleansing, apply Jenne Whitening Lotion all over the face, following up with a moisturizer for a complete protection.

This bottle looks almost exactly the same as the one of the milky cleanser, but this one is even prettier with a baby blue touch, the lace effect on the bottle is even more visible now. I love their packaging! ^^

Skin feels hydrated: 4/5
This toner feels very refreshing, absorbs very quickly and is very moisturizing on the skin, even after 20 minutes my skin remains moisturized. This toner has a great oil-control as my face feels clean without getting oily. My skin feels very soft after use.

Whitening effect:  2/5
Believe it or not, my skin looks a little bit brighter after using this toner combined with the gel moisturizer. How I found out? Well, I barely use any products on my neck ( because I am too lazy... xD) Now I realize that my face is brighter/whiter than my neck... =.='' xD ...So the whitening effect does work, however I don't know how long it'll take to get a even bigger difference in skin tone color.

Overall, it is a very nice toner with nice scent as well. I have nothing to complain, however I still prefer Laneige.. xD Will I repurchase.... I might... when I am back in Asia. Nevertheless, I would still highly recommend this toner!

Overall Rating 8/10
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 

SOFINAღ Jenne Whitening Gel Moisturizer

What it claims and promises: “A lightweight gel moisturizer for brightening, hydrating, moisturizing and refining skin texture. Contains a special protecting agent which is able to create a barrier between Ceramide for preventing the evaporation of natural skin's moisture. This product blends with whitening ingredient Chamomile ET and hydrating ingredient Cetyl-PG Hydroxyethyl Palmitamide for brightening dull skin tone and providing hydration to the skin. It helps to improve dehydrated skin problem and correct uneven skin complexion for dewy and glowing results. It also refreshes, moisturizes and softens your skin without clogging pores or leaving a greasy layer on the skin surface.”

How to use?
After cleansing and toning, apply the moisturizer all over the face. (Use at night, as it is very moist.)

Skin feels hydrated: 4/5
Great moisturizer. My skin feels dewy and moist after use. It doesn't clog my pores and it doesn't feel sticky icky after use.

Whitening effect:  2/5
Same as above!I might really get a whiter skin after long use! xD

Overall: and again, nothing to complain about. I love the packaging of the Sofina Jenne Line, they're so pretty, girly and petite. However, it is actually quite expensive for such a small jar. This is a very nice moisturizing gel, and I might purchase it again... when I am back in Asia.. xD Highly recommended!

Overall Rating 8/10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------  

I don't regret trying this new line of Sofina. I absolutely love the packaging and scent of these products and even more important.. I am happy with the results. So why am I not sure about repurchasing? Because I will need to order it online, and I actually want to try some other skincare brands and lines first. I have actually already found a new skincare line that I absolutely adore. I will share my thoughts on this brand later^^.

Finally a new layout^^! Do you like it?

Thanks for reading, stay pretty and be happy^^! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment