Thursday, April 18, 2013

[Review] Estee Lauderღ Advanced Night Repair Serum & Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme 【使用心得】

[Review] Estee Lauderღ Advanced Night Repair Serum & Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme 
雅詩蘭黛-超智慧DNA特潤修護精華液 & 水晶瑩極致保濕系列保濕霜【使用心得】



Hello everyone~! I have a new layout! It's more simple now=) Do you like it? 
Today I am going to review 2 products of my daily skincare routine! 


 Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex Serum & Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme. I have been using Estee Lauder's products for around 10 months now, so it's about time to review these products. 

Let's start with the famous advanced night repair serum that everyone is craving for. =P

The advanced night repair is a serum that promises to repair your skin at night, while you're sleeping. Sounds interesting huh?

Okay, this is what it promises: "When used every day, this advanced complex helps skin continuously repair the damage caused by every major environmental assualt - UV light, smoke, pollution, even emotional stress. Over time, you'll see a dramatic reduction in the appearance of wrinkles, dehydration and discoloration. "

I have been using this product every night together with my moisturizer. So did it repair my skin? Well, this product did brighten my complexion and my skin feels softer than before. (My skin was not rough or anything.. but it felt like it enhanced my skin texture. xD) However, it did not repair all my skin issues. I have a sensitive skin and I get allergic red spots. Unfortunately, this product did not reduce these allergic red spots on my skin. As for the anti-aging effects, I don't have much to say about this, because I don't (really) have wrinkles (yet). 

How to use: apply several drops all over cleansed face and throat, follow with a moisturizer that's right for you. 

Pros & Cons:
  
♥ Brighter complexion
♥ Moisturizing
♥ softens my skin
♥ absorbs very quickly
♥Packaging, easy to use drop style dispenser
♥ Anti-aging, (don't know whether it works tho)

✖ very expensive!
✖ needs an additional moisturizer to hydrate your skin. 
(you need to combine this serum with a moisturizer. )

I have always been using affordable Asian skincare products, so Estee Lauder is my first luxury skincare line. The Advanced Night Repair serum is my first serum and I like it a lot. However, I hate the fact that it's so expensive. (My friends gave me a complete Estee Lauder skincare set as a birthday present last year, so I did not pay for it myself.) Recommended? Yes! I would definitely recommend this product to others. It was worth trying and I like it a lot! Will I buy it again? Not sure.. l want try some other luxury skincare lines first, so I can compare them.

Overall rating 7.5/10

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I just mentioned, the Advanced Night Repair needs an additional moisturizer to make it work. The moisturizer I am using right after this serum is Estee Lauder's Hydrationist. 


This moisturizing cream tends to: "keep skin hydrated all day long and strengthen its resistance to signs of premature aging. Instantly, feel a rush of fresh moisture-a wave of intense hydration that lasts 24 hours. With continued use, our exclusive Sustainable Moisture Complex with revival plant extract helps boost, balance and maintain skin's optimum moisture levels. Leaves skin youthful and healthy looking. Soft and super hydrated. "

First of all, I like the smell and the consistency of this product. This moisturizing cream feels very soft and it absorbs very quickly. My skin felt very smooth and hydrated after using this product. However, this moisturizing cream isn't working for me during cold winters. My skin was extremely dry during the winter and this product was not able to hydrate my skin well. Nevertheless, I love using this product during spring, summer and fall. 

Pros & Cons:
  
♥ Moisturizing
♥ softens my skin
♥ absorbs very quickly
♥ nice scent!

✖ expensive!
✖ not moist enough for cold winters


I don't have much to say about the hydrationist. It's a nice moisturizing cream and I would recommended this product if you're looking for a nice scented and soft moisturizing cream. 

Overall rating 7/10



No comments:

Post a Comment